Sharkmob, the Malmö-based studio known for the short-lived Battle Royale Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt, announced a new game called Exoborne.
The developers described it as a tactical open world extraction shooter set in the southeastern United States. The big twist is that this fictional version of Earth is being ripped apart by tornadoes and other apocalyptic-sized events, introducing a new element to gameplay. Public events and various hardships caused by the weather will keep players constantly on their toes. Here’s the full feature set shared by Sharkmob:
- Forces of Nature fight through elemental chaos into the world that constantly changes the
- Exo-Rigs unlock powerful abilities, not only enhancing vertical movement but also the raw
powers of nature to the player’s advantage when chosen wisely
- Verticality is key in a world twisted upside down, allowing for all new exploration and
- Crafting and Customising allow players to truly survive their own way, unlocking new gear
and equipment as they progress through the world of Exoborne
- Public events and missions raise the stakes and opportunities, allowing players to choose
their own challenge
- Extraction gameplay intensifies the thrill and reaches a peak at the end of the players’
session – risk it all or wait for a better opportunity – the choice is up to you
- Thrilling evolving story builds the stage for future content updates and mysteries in the
world to discover
- Premium game with regular live-ops updates
Petter Mannerfelt, Creative Director at Sharkmob, said:
Exoborne is not just a game to us, it’s so much more than that! This is a long time in the making. We are excited to finally reveal it to the world and hear what people think about both the universe and the thrilling, action-packed playground we have created.
Fredrik Rundqvist, CEO of Sharkmob, added:
Since the founding of the studio, we have had the ambition to create our own original game concepts and we are now one step closer to releasing the first of two currently in development.
Exoborne doesn’t have a release window yet.