The latest episode of Adobe’s YouTube series “3 2 1 Photoshop” is for anybody who wants to get into stop motion photography, but has no idea how to actually create a simple animation from a series of still photos.
The video features Adobe Evangelist Julieanne Kost, who shows you the whole process from start to finish in just over two minutes. Obviously this doesn’t involve actually shooting the images themselves, but everything from that point on is covered.
The steps involved are:
- Open your sequence “as layers” in Photoshop
- Open the Timeline Window and click “Create Frame Animation”
- Import your layers into the Timeline panel as individual frames
- Adjust the frame delay and looping settings as needed
- Export in whatever format you prefer
It’s nothing complicated or groundbreaking. Just a concise breakdown of exactly how to create a stop motion animation using Photoshop, without anybody telling you to subscribe or smash the like button. Can’t beat that.